Why should you apply?
- Retirement Plans
- YMCA Membership
- Health Insurance Benefits
- TOPTime(Time off with pay)
Wilson-Gray Youth and Family Center
Hartford, CT 06120
Under the guidance of the Membership Director, the Member Service
Representative will be responsible for effective and efficient contact between
members and staff. The Member Services Representatives will deliver
exceptional service to YMCA members, potential members, and guests. Will
assist with membership and program sales, handle telephone calls, regulate
lobby traffic, provide all membership and program information, and know and
execute policies and procedures. The Membership Services Representative
will also maintain a safe and secure environment for members and staff by
providing building coverage of the facility through supervisor on duty
- Must be dependable and able to work nights and weekends
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in safety management and professionalism
- Basic computer skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task in a high pace environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with adults and children alike.
- Must possess or attain CPR/AED certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as work and train on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
Be on time, ready to start work at the welcome center at the beginning of
your shift, dress in uniform and name tag, no matter the weather
2. Handle member and non-member phone calls as per YMCA policies
3. Conduct prospective member tours, as needed
4. Perform Y membership sign-ups in the electronic registration system.
5. Perform responsibilities such as; cashing out, balancing daily transactions,
and dropping envelopes in safe.
6. Scans all membership ID cards
7. Be knowledgeable about YMCA policies and procedures and effectively
communicate them as needed, to members and staff.
8. Maintain environment by monitoring and observation of facility daily
operations and procedures.
9. Responsible for being ready and able to respond to an emergency,
assemble emergency equipment and assist in care of the victim.
10. Oversee the security of the facility, members, program participants,
staff and volunteers. To facilitate communication between the
membership center and other Y departments
11. Attend all staff meetings (mandatory) and able to work as a team
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply Apply Online
Opens in a new window
Resumes Accepted Until
Nov. 30, 2019