SOL Mexican Cocina
To present a positive first impression of friendliness, excellent service and high standards. To greet guests upon arrival, to ensure guest dining experience is more than they expected and to bid guest farewell as they leave.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1) Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image
2) Able to effectively preserve all guests that walk in to the building through being welcoming, being creative in articulation of wait time and other trained skills as reviewed in training.
3) Welcomes each guests upon entering. Assists guests when on a waiting list
4) Escorts guests as soon as possible to appropriate table and informs guest of their server s name. Presents menus to guest and offers assistance if necessary
5) Maintains and coordinates the waiting list and seating when appropriate
6) Takes all To Go Orders
7) Adheres to all Company Cash Handling Procedures (as applicable)
8) Notifies manager of any guest that is perceived to be unhappy
9) Bids farewell to guests leaving. Ensures everything was excellent and invites guest to return
10) Reviews the cleanliness and organization of the host station. Ensures all menus are clean. Checks for restocking of necessary supplies. Discusses problem areas with manager.
11) Keeps host/hostess area and foyer clean and free of clutter
12) Inspects restrooms for cleanliness and maintains cleanliness standards
13) Performs shift change and/or closing duties
14) Answers telephone within two rings, gives proper greeting, and transfers or answers questions accordingly. Takes messages when needed
15) Keeps manager fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action when necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken
16) Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established Company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position
17) Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency
18) At all times provides a favorable image of the Company to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas of endeavor
19) Conducts call backs on reservations and to go orders at assigned times
20) At all times convey the brand s story as it relates to their position as described during training.
Assists various stations as necessary
Assists in properly setting and aligning tables
Works as a team player by assisting other employees with duties as necessary or when shift becomes unexpectedly busy: Pre-busses table throughout guests dining experience, assists in bussing tables so guest can be seated promptly, restocks service areas with appropriate supplies, and helps deliver food orders to guests at the bar
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested