K&L Wine Merchants
Family owned and operated since 1976, K&L Wine Merchants is widely recognized as one of the leading independent wine retailers in the United States. We offer a world-class selection of wine, spirits, and beer at three retail locations and through our website. We are a small but growth-minded company made up of a tight-knit team dedicated to providing excellent, knowledgeable service to our customers. If you are seeking an exciting career and an all-access pass to the business and culture of wine and spirits, K&L Wine Merchants may be the perfect match!
- Highly competitive salary
- Additional commission based on sales goals
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance - K&L pays 100% of individual premium
- Company sponsored 401k plan, with matching
- 3 weeks of paid time off per year time off accrual increases at 5 years of service
- Generous product discount
- Weekly staff tasting and sales training; exposure to world-class products and producers
- Employee parking
WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal Retail Sales Associate has awesome people skills, is passionate about what we do, and loves being part of a team. This is not the kind of job that will see you sitting behind a desk all day; our store is busy (especially on weekends) so energy and enthusiasm are important. If you excel at customer service and are eager to develop expertise in wine, spirits, and beer we want to hear from you.
- Provide exceptional service to every customer, every time
- Develop and maintain the highest level of product knowledge in order to make informed sales recommendations
- Participate in all daily sales floor activities, including point-of-sale transactions, merchandising, and order fulfillment/retrieval
- Act as a liaison to an assigned category within the store; develop expertise in the category and keep it well merchandised
- Write product reviews for K&L s website, newsletter, and blog
- Attend staff education sessions and on/offsite events as requested
- 1-3 years experience in a retail or other customer-facing environment
- Positive attitude no task is too small or too large
- Excellent communicator with a passion for people
- Full-time non-exempt position; weekends required
- Proficient in Office 365, comfortable using point-of-sale and handheld technology
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to 8 hours each day
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, and kneel frequently
- Ability to load, unload, and operate a hand truck safely
- Bachelor s degree preferred
K&L Wine Merchants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other status protected by law.