Momofuku was founded by chef David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. Credited with the rise of contemporary Asian-American cuisine by the New York Times and named the most important restaurant in America by Bon App tit magazine, Momofuku has opened restaurants in the United States, Australia, and Canada. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Majordomo is a California restaurant from Momofuku inspired by the diverse culinary offerings of Los Angeles. It features a Chef s counter, bar, private dining room, and heated patio with artwork by James Jean and David Choe.
The Majordomo Prep Cook is an individual who assists the BOH staff in preparing food, maintains a safe and clean food environment and takes on other culinary tasks as delegated. The ideal Prep Cook candidate is focused, driven, detail oriented and comfortable working in a kitchen environment.
- Working with seasonal ingredients for the preparation of menu items
- Assisting the BOH team with all preparation and organization in the kitchen
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Honing existing skills while learning new techniques
Skills & Requirements:
- 1+year of related experience
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- High volume restaurant experience preferred
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package,including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.