Riverside Medical Center
The Senior Living Center Cook is responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, cleanliness of kitchen, food preparation for next day's menu. High quality standards are essential for all food products prepared. Operates all kitchen equipment utensils. Ability to manage closing staff and to lock up all kitchen areas.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Experience in quality and quantity food service preparation and knowledge of proper sanitation rules.
License or Certification Requirements:
- Food Service Sanitation Certificate required.
- Assists and supports in supervising wait staff and dishwasher closing duties.
- Supports policy and procedures for all culinary to maintain efficient, safe environment.
- Carries out instructions of chef and manager of culinary regarding food preparation.
- Cleans and sanitizes food service areas following IDPH guidelines.
- Control quality of food - temperature, presentation, taste.
- Prepares and serves meals per instructions of Culinary Manager and Executive Chef.
- Prepares for next days' menu items.
- Anticipates census changes and prepares accordingly.
- Accommodating residents changing needs, likes and dislikes.
- Takes care of special functions per instructions of culinary manager.
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.