Morton County is a committed public service employer devoted to our Team and the steadfast citizens who make up this great community. What makes this organization remarkable are the ideals we instill in the service provided to the public. As an organization, we believe in providing comprehensive, cost-effective, and efficient services to our community, our constituents, and our Team while providing these services in a collaborative, considerate, ethical and fiscally responsible manner.
Our ability to provide exceptional customer service is directly attributable to the quality of our Team and the culture we cultivate. We work to build a culture that is responsive to our team by listening to the needs of our Team Members and their families. From there, we work diligently to provide a comprehensive and affordable benefit program.
We ask that you consider Morton County as your next employer.
This position will provide thorough cleaning support to the Morton County Courthouse within the Buildings and Grounds Department. The duties are routine in nature and require a high degree of thoroughness, independence, initiative and time management. This position will work the hours of 4 a.m. to 8 a.m., Monday through Friday for a total of 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The custodian will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment for our Team Members and the visiting public.
- In detail, this position will clean and sanitize bathrooms, clean, mop, wash, buff and vacuum floors, empty trash, clean and polish furniture (as needed), cleans windows and dusts and vacuums furniture.
- Due to the independent nature of this position, the successful candidate must be self-motivated.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED);
- One year of custodial experience preferred;
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures;
- Knowledge of materials, supplies and equipment utilized in cleaning activities;
- Willingness to work early mornings or late nights;
- Ability to work well under minimal supervsion;
- Capacity to take direction; and
- strong attention to detail is required.
Benefits and Perks
- North Dakota Public Employees Retirement Health Insurance
- North Dakota Public Employees Retirement Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Voluntary Benefit Options