Gateway Region YMCA
- 18 years of age or older.
- Six months or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities.
1. Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
2. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
3. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
4. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
5. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
6. May set up furniture for events.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
reapply_msg":"Thank you for your interest in GATEWAY REGION YMCA. Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application for employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of our company.