- General Clerk IIs will select appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures and make simple adaptations and interpretations from a limited number of substantive guides, manuals and procedures. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognized problems are referred to others.
- This position provides telephone support by following specific scripts and guidelines.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Posts information to agency records and modifies forms or records.
Records and inputs information to internal database records.
Conducts outbound telephone calls.
Performs data entry and retrieval and performs arithmetical computations.
Receive coaching/feedback and implements/takes action to make changes as appropriate.
Participates in internal training through company Learning Management System and passing certification tests.
Adheres to service compliance requirements by completing training modules and passing annual re-certifications.
Maintains required production and quality standards as outlined by contract.
Recognizes and assesses issues associated to the task following work instructions as outlined by the line of business and escalates when necessary.
Effectively works in a team environment.
Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to changes.
Military Veterans and spouses are encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and 6 months of work experience in a similar job.
- Education beyond high school completion may substitute for experience.
- Demonstrate clerical skills including data entry, typing and outbound telephone calls.
- Provide telephone support utilizing clear and effective communication skills. Prior telephone experience is desired.
- Demonstrate skills in using a personal computer including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), and phone.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask using two computer screens and navigating between multiple software programs.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, performs as a self-starter, and meets critical deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written communication.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
The Citizen Services business unit provides support in three major areas: business process services, where we perform the actual function that the process is relate to; business process related software, that helps us manage the various components, the systems associated with the software in the process; and business process management, where we help design and track the performance of the specific business process. The business unit work supports primarily the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Commerce, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Bureau, the US Postal Service, the General Services Administration, and other Federal Government agencies. We support our clients with a work force of over 5,000 Serco and Serco subcontractor employees and provide mission critical support services.