The Security Guard/Receptionist provides visitors, and staff with a safe and secure environment at the front entrance of the corps within the guidelines and principles as set forth in: The Salvation Army Mission Statement, and Employee Handbook.
- Politely challenge all visitors to the reason for entering the building and guide them accordingly.
- Direct all people that enter the facility to the appropriate floor.
- Provide basic information on services provided at our corps.
- Open the door for all individuals needing assistance.
- Maintain their position in the immediate vicinity of the post position at all times and visible to the front desk for communication.
- Maintain the service area in a clean and orderly manor
- Must keep focus to keep from becoming distracted with lengthy conversation or involvement with visitors, and employees.
- Arrive on time and be ready to work
- Receive packages from mail correspondents
- Answer phone during open corps hours. Writing down messages, forwarding messages to appropriate persons.
- Cooperating with all members of staff regardless of their position
- Help in supervision of participants enforcing appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Monitor in house traffic through video surveillance.
- Contribute to insuring a safe workplace.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises through sign in and sign-out logs.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences in official forms.
- Call the police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Follow all employment written policies, procedures and security post orders.
- Attend all training classes when scheduled.
- Consistently reports to work on time and is ready to begin work at the start of the shift.
- Always provides proper notification when late or absent.
- Report to work well-groomed and in compliance with dress code.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact in a positive and helpful manner with participants, visitors, consultants, volunteers and co-workers.
- Project a good image in dealing with the public.
- Reflects commitment to building a supportive work environment and maintains a positive attitude at the work place and towards the job.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work of a Security Guard/Receptionist.
- Responding to Emergencies First Aid and CPR Professional Rescuer certified preferred but not necessary.
- Responsible, Respectful, Positive role model, and able to follow instruction
- Able to perform duties independently, with minimal need of supervision.
- Has respect and consideration for the population being served.
- Understands The Salvation Army s mission