A reputable Restaurant and Bar is looking for a talented prep cook to join our team. We are looking to grow rapidly by opening up multiple restaurants in the region. We are looking for someone who is reliable and dependable with a passion for food and cooking.
*Under new management!*
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Prep Cook
- Culinary degree preferred
- Knife skills
- Flexible schedule is mandatory
- Basic math skills
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Excellent communication and team player