Federal Reserve Bank
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City seeks to hire a Customer Service Representative to provide first-line response to a high volume of incoming calls from customers using Federal Reserve products and services. This position requires technical skills to identify and troubleshoot complex technical issues across multiple electronic access platforms.
- Utilizes a variety of documented procedures and automated customer support, troubleshooting, and change request tools to research customer issues and provide technical problem solving.
- Escalates complex problems to more experienced staff or second-level technicians, as appropriate.
- Documents customer interactions into a call logging system for tracking purposes.
- Acquires and maintains a general knowledge of electronic access applications and product enhancements.
- Educates incoming callers regarding online tools and learning systems to assist the customer in future troubleshooting issues (e.g., self-service options).
- Completes adhoc administrative assignments. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- One to three years of customer service experience in a call center or help desk environment required.
- One to three years of experience with FR electronic access products and services preferred
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of operating systems, browsers, basic internet navigation, downloading/installing software, and basic networking knowledge.
- Intermediate troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced typing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills for internal and external customers, to include active listening for a positive customer experience.
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in cross-functional teams with colleagues in multiple Federal Reserve locations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply department standard operating policies and procedures.
- Availability to work assigned shift (operational hours are 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday).
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
We [Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City] are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information.