6th and La Brea
"Good people drink good beer"
6th and La Brea is a new location set to open soon! Located, you guessed it, on the corner of 6th and La Brea! We are currently looking for Hosts with a great personality, strong work ethic, and great leadership skills to join our opening team.
Position Summary: The primary role of a host is to effectively support the entire restaurant team. This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door. Seat and present clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
- Greets and seats guests in friendly professional manner
- Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
- Fills to-go orders, if applicable.
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift.
- Reports to work on time and in correct uniform.
- Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Act in a professional manner with the awareness that all actions and communications are within guest view
- Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
3. Basic knowledge of service procedures and functions.
4. Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a POS system.
5. Have working knowledge of food, beer, wine, liquor and common drink recipes.
1. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
2. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 10 20 pounds.
- Food Handlers Card
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All job offers are contingent of a successful background screening