First Commerce Credit Union
Come grow with us!
First Commerce is expanding and we want you to join our dynamic, winning team. At FCCU, you can expect competitive pay, best in class benefits, initial and ongoing training and development, and career growth opportunities. Don't just look for a job,'consider a career where you empower people to enhance their financial well-being and make a difference to our communities. Apply with us today!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist First Commerce in fulfilling our Vision To Be Our Member's Financial Partner for Life. This is achieve through delivering Remarkable Member Service as defined by our Service Standards as well as building and maintaining strong member relationships through identification of member's financial needs and effectively recommending appropriate products and services to meet those needs. Receives members in person and communicates by phone in order to provide a variety of services including: processing deposits and withdrawals from share, share draft, money market, and other sub-accounts; processing loan payments; selling money orders and cashier's checks; cashing checks; and processing night-drop and mail transactions. Promotes the use of credit union products and services.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement and negotiability, and enters transactions into credit union records via on-line terminal.
- Processes withdrawals by cash or check from depository accounts upon verification of signatures and account balances.
- Posts loan payments via on-line terminal.
- Accepts and processes credit card payments and utility payments.
- Balances cash drawer, related transactions, and GL clearings to data processing totals each day.
- Assists in member file maintenance requests, such as address changes or other related account information.
- Maintain confidentiality in performing assignments relative to any information received directly or indirectly.
- Will perform job duties in accordance with policies established by the Board of Directors under the rules and regulations set by the National Credit Union Administration, the State of Florida and any applicable State laws for financial centers located in other States.
- Complies with Reg E, BSA, OFAC and CIP requirements such as checking names against OFAC for cashing checks, and for issuing cashier checks and/or money orders.
- Fully supports in actions and words First Commerce's Vision, Mission, Core Values and Service Standards
- Attends meetings timely and as required; reports to work as scheduled and adheres to First Commerce's dress code
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Financial Center Manager
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of 6 months of teller experience in a bank or credit union, or a minimum of 1-year cash handling.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Possess sharply honed organizational and time management skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate consistently superior interpersonal skills with colleagues and members.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment, including an on- line teller terminal.
- Ability to understand and apply detailed operational procedures and information about all products and services.
Americans with Disability Specifications
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member (employee) to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member (employee) must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro