Salud Family Health Centers
As a Customer Service Associate (CSA), you will be responsible for creating a positive first impression, exhibiting excellent customer service and promoting a pleasing experience for Salud patients. At Salud, our CSAs approach their tasks in a team based care fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change, while adhering to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement.
Works under the direct supervision of the Center Director and/or Associate Center Director.
- May serve as a greeter, front desk receptionist and/or cashier
- Welcomes all patients to Salud and checks them in for all appointment types, checks patients out at the end of an appointment
- Works in conjunction with other Medical Providers, Dental Providers, Behavioral Health Providers, and all other staff to ensure that the patient obtains the highest standard of integrated health care
- Completes registration activities at each patient visit following the registration SOP
- Works on special projects as assigned by the Business Manager or Operations Department
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and medical/dental areas to ensure patients flow through the clinic within 60 minutes of appointment time
- The CSA acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable population by ensuring that the patient is fully informed and comfortable with their visit to Salud.
- Promotes the mission of Salud and fosters Salud s role as a Community Health Center in the community
- Exhibits excellent customer service with all patients regardless of race, ethnicity, financial, gender or another status through culturally and linguistically appropriate care and communication
- Implements Salud policies and procedures correctly
- Answers questions independently and knows where to find information
- Communicates with other staff members, management and executive leadership about ways to improve patient flow, efficiency, and experience at Salud
- Manages patient complaints and escalates complaints to management when needed
- Understands Salud programs and services
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and sends outgoing mail
- Answers phone and takes messages
- Schedules, reschedules, and cancels patient medical, dental, behavioral health and enrollment visits
- Makes reminder calls and remind patients of their upcoming visit at least two days prior to appointments
- Refers patients to the appropriate community resources
- Serves on committees as assigned by supervisor
- Follows all protocols and procedures pertaining to patient confidentiality
- Coordinates efforts with other departments to ensure patient satisfaction
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records system
- May assist with translation for patients or another staff member
- Maintains current knowledge and skills of all computer programs being used in the clinic site
- Collect money, create claims, balance the cash drawer and follow-up on other billing issues
- Attends work on time and acts and appears professional
- Career ladder positions at Salud are required to complete the career ladder through level two that is most closely associated with their role. This includes completing all the courses, passing the exams, having satisfactory reviews and obtaining the outside certification as quickly as these levels are available and within the parameters established by Salud. Those unable to complete the ladder within the parameters set by the organization will not be allowed to continue in their current role.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Must work well with the other patient care team members
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with patients
- Professionalism and positive attitude
- Proficient in Elementary Math
- Ability to learn and implement complex policies and procedures
- Reading comprehension and Writing skills
- Keyboarding and word processing skills
- One year clerical office experience preferred
- Familiarity with medical/dental terminology preferred
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community
- Willingness to become proficient in use of telephone, fax, copier, email and electronic health record keeping
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work evening or weekend hours
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to recognize, evaluates, solve problems and correct errors.
- Exhibits excellent customer service
- Ability to explain and summarize comprehensive concepts in a way that the general population can understand
- Computer systems applications (MS Office, PowerPoint, Chrome etc.).
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED required.
- One year front desk/customer service experience in a medical setting preferred
CSAs are considered probationary employees for the first three months following their date of hire. During this time, CSAs must be successfully completing their career ladder course work to become credentialed by Salud.
Bloodborne pathogen risk level:
Low risk for blood borne pathogens
Normal Medical and Dental office environment
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Some bending, stretching, reaching, crouching, pulling, lifting, carrying and handling required. Working under stress. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator, computer keyboard, photocopier, scanner, telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record data electronically and to communicate with patients.
No Licensure or Certification is needed to be hired, although CSA must become credentialed through the Salud career ladders program.
Salud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.