MemorialCare Health System
PurposeStatement / Position Summary
To be the firstreliable point of contact for Patients, Families and Providers. Providing theSimply Better MemorialCare Experience in every interaction with guests andcolleagues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Deliverthe Simply Better MemorialCare Experience in every interaction with Patients,Families, Providers and Colleagues.
- Prioritizeservice and customer experience within each interaction.
- Ensureunforgettable guest experiences through unmatched service.
- Demonstratesstrong guest-focused engagement over the phone, email, and chat.
- Demonstrateseffective communication, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Strongorganizational skills.
- Mustbe able to multi-task and maintain calm demeanor.
- Mustpossess problem resolution and follow through skills.
- Knowledgeof managed care and the business segments.
- Knowledgeand ability to schedule reservations for patients/family.
- Beat work and be on time.
- Followcompany policies, procedures and directives.
- Interactin a positive and constructive manner.
- Prioritizeand multitask.
- Underminimal supervision and in a professional and friendly manner, performs allassigned job tasks to the highest level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Musthave a high level of computer knowledge and competency in multiple software systemenvironments.
- Mustmeet daily call standards, KPI s (Key Performance Indicators), and documentcalls accurately.
- Mustbe able to multi-task while speaking with the customer and perform researchfunctions as well as maintain a professional demeanor and standard ofexcellence.
- Thisposition requires the documentation of each phone call before the call iscompleted and may require further follow up with continued documentation ofeach subsequent call for final resolution.
- Abilityto handle large volume of telephone work in call center environment.Potentially 45 calls per day when call volume requires it.
- Assistsphysicians, provider offices, health plans, and members with issue resolution,claims status calls, and referral management calls.
- Assistsin orienting and/or education of new members and acts as the first point ofcontact to new members.
- Interfaceswith health plans general policies and procedures as enumerated by theirinsurance policy.
- Projectsan image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct.
- Participatesin the continuous quality improvement process.
- Maintainsa working knowledge of department standard operating procedures, standard work,and leader standard work.
- Otherduties as assigned.
- 1-2 yearscustomer service experience or other related guest-focused engagementpreferred.
- Call centerexperience necessary in a fast-paced setting.
- Excellentcomputer and typing skills are necessary. Use and knowledge of Windows,Microsoft Office, and Outlook (operates PC with speed and accuracy).
- Some medicalterminology preferred.
- Spanish speakinga plus.
- HighSchool diploma, GED required
Job: United States-California-Fountain Valley