About Davis College
Are you ready to revolutionize global education? We re on a mission to provide transformational, personalized learning experiences that prepare students for professional success in the 21st century.
Over the past ten years, the Akilah Institute has become East Africa s pre-eminent institution for women s leadership and career development. Now, after a decade of impact in Rwanda, we are launching Davis College, a new global co-ed network of universities. We re expanding access to more students than ever, and will offer degrees to male and female students. We have an ambitious vision for scale of our unique model of personalized and affordable higher education, while preserving Akilah as a unique campus for female leaders.
Davis College Hong Kong and Davis College Rwanda will open in 2020. By 2030, we will open 10 Davis College campuses in Asia and Africa and educate 1 million students.
Our pillars (21st-century skills, personalized learning, innovation, ethical leadership, and sustainability) underpin all of our academic programs and serve as our guiding light during this phase of rapid expansion. We re committed to equipping students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in careers in the fastest growing sectors of the economy. Will you join us?
Davis College is seeking an Executive Assistant to serve as the gatekeeper and provide a high level of administrative support to the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) during a time of rapid growth and expansion. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be flexible and adaptable with the rapid change to the CAO s schedule; react with appropriate urgency, independent judgment and professionalism in situations that require quick response; and creatively problem solve in a variety of situations. The position requires a high level of independent judgment, diplomacy, warmth and tact, initiative, professionalism and integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
With a solid understanding of the operations, business practices, strategies and goals of the institution, the Executive Assistant to the Chief Academic Officer plans, directs and manages the administrative functions for the CAO and ensures that their activities are executed and supported optimally. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to Academic Affairs initiatives, including accreditation efforts in Rwanda and Hong Kong as requested by the CAO. This position also serves as the primary interface for the CAO in contacts with other academic institutions, faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, dignitaries and visitors.
- Manage calendar and scheduling, including drafting and preparing meeting agendas, briefing notes and corresponding materials
- Coordinate travel to include making airline and hotel reservations, arrange ground transportation, prepare itineraries, and assure smooth travel experiences
- Coordinate and make arrangements for conferences, meetings and events, including travel plans
- Coordinate the preparation, proofreading, production and distribution of reports, presentations and other documents as needed
- Scope, plan and execute multiple projects with minimal outside assistance
- Record and update the CAO s activities and conversations in customer relationship management database (SalesForce)
- Work closely with the Chief Academic Officer to ensure that all projects assigned to direct reports are completed on or before deadlines assigned. Ensures that the status of all assigned projects are up to date
- Assist the CAO with social media, academic partnerships and outreach
- Interact with staff at all organizational levels to gather information and/or provide requested information
- Support recruitment activities for Academic Affairs positions
- Manage detailed expense reports
- Other operational and administrative tasks as requested by the CAO
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree;
- At least 4 years experience providing executive support in senior-level and fast-paced academic administration or comparable setting.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility, in a high pressure, fast paced and complex environment, to manage multiple, time sensitive assignments with the capacity to independently prioritize work with strong attention to detail. Proven ability to accomplish projects and assignments with strict deadlines.
- Proven ability with logistics and travel coordination.
- Demonstrated skills with organizing files, correspondence and documents and ability to recommend and implement systems to enhance related systems and technology.
- Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts and skills.
- Exceptionally motivated by the idea of building a global community of lifelong learners. This is not a 9-to-5 position and we are not a 9-to-5 organization. You are ready and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure success, including working non-traditional or extended hours when required.
- An enthusiastic proponent and impeccable user of all systems available to you to continually drive improvements in operational efficiency.
- Ability to draw the owl and complete projects without an exact roadmap for how to get them done.
- Relentless resourcefulness, refusing to be slowed down by anything in your way. Willingness to push to get access to the resources you need, contribute unsustainable effort when the situation calls for it, and be creative in finding ways to remove blocks
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration and execution.
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to ability to interact with organizational leaders, faculty, staff, students, alumni and dignitaries with a highly professional demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- You approach your work with a commitment to building a positive organizational culture that values continuous learning, excellence, transparency, honest feedback, perseverance, and sense of humor.
Job Responsibilities Statement:
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Project Akilah, Inc. may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.