The Patriot Golf Club of Owasso
Education and/or Experience
- Grade 12 education.
- Two years of comparable wait service experience preferred.
- The ability to read, write and execute basic math skills.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Greet and acknowledge members and guests.
- Is knowledgeable about the menu, buffet and wine list.
- Ability to time the service of each course.
- Learns members' names and their special preferences.
- Knowledge of wines and spirits.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
- Job Summary (Essential Functions)
- Provide food and beverage service to club members and guests.
- Sets up side station and performs assigned side (prep) work.
- Provides immediate attention to all members and guests upon seating.
- Makes sure that children are in the appropriate type of seat and are safe and secure.
- Distributes food and wine menus; answers questions.
- Fills glasses with ice water and suggests menu items.
- Ensure that the correct account numbers and names are given for billing.
- Efficiently serves food and drinks in a friendly and courteous manner, offers suggestions on daily specials and wine selections.
- Places orders with kitchen; informs cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Assembles food on tray; procures items from each station as necessary.
- Serves meals; places dishes by courses in front of each person.
- Checks back to ensure member and guest satisfaction; replenishes water and butter as necessary.
- Removes soiled dishes. Clears tables after each course and resets them with appropriate silverware.
- Presents dessert menus, suggests and serves dessert, coffee and after-dinner drinks.
- Verifies accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks.
- Presents the bill.
- Handles all cash and credit card charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Keeps dining room and bus station areas clean.
- Clears, cleans and resets tables that have been vacated.
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager.
- Attends pre-meal meetings as requested by the Dining Room Captain; Dining Room Supervisor; Dining Room Manager; or Outlet Manager.
- Turns in signed tip declaration form weekly.
- Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
- Consistently follows local and state laws and the club's policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages to members and guests.
- Performs other appropriate duties assigned by Dining Room Manager or Outlet Manager.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Food safety certification.
- Of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Alcoholic beverage certification.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro