Lumeria Maui is looking for a Server at for our restaurant the Wooden Crate. This is a casual holiday position, full time 12/15/19-1/20/20. Must have open availability, be able to work both of our serving shifts (6:30a-2:30p and 4:30p-9:30p) any/every day of the week including weekends. Priority consideration for part time hire following the holiday period.
We are proud to offer a clean, nutritious and exquisitely prepared garden-to-table Maui dining experience at our wellness retreat center on the north shore. If you are inspired by this vision, read on!
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in food service.
- Must be familiar with different styles of service, including buffet and gourmet meals, various dishes, and requests to support alternative diet preferences.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and efficient.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Possess a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
- Able to work productively with little supervision.
- High quality standards for production and service.
- Patience and tact required to accommodate customer needs, and resolve occasional difficult situations.
- Strong focus on customer service and satisfaction.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Stands and walks moderate distances throughout shift.
- Constantly required to handle and move objects weighing up to 40lbs. over moderate distances.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
Essential Job Functions:
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely manner, deferring to the Chef Manager or General Manager when necessary, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To make the Chef Manager aware of all guest comments and complaints.
- To extend a courteous, friendly, and professional greeting to guests as they arrive, and to thank them as they depart.
- To provide prompt, efficient, and gracious customer service to guests throughout guest visit.
- To support guest dining experience throughout breakfast, lunch or multi-course dinner service, including bussing tables.
- To be completely familiar with the day s menu, prior to service.
- To follow all specified procedures to correctly handle all cash and credit transactions.
- To satisfactorily perform all side duties as directed.
- To maintain the proper car and cleanliness of tableware and serving equipment, handling both to minimize breakage.
- To leave the storage areas clean, organized and secured at all times.
- To follow all company policies and procedures.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Follow all company safety standards, including proper equipment handling to avoid injury to yourself and others
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Mahalo! We look forward to hearing from you. Lumeria is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. M/F/D/V/SO