About Blue Apron:
Headquartered in NYC with fulfillment centers in New Jersey, California and Texas, Blue Apron s mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. With over 300 employees at our corporate headquarters and just over 5,000 at our fulfillment centers, we send millions of meals to customers with all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
What We Are Looking For:
We're looking for a Sanitation Associate in our Fulfillment Center to maintain building and equipment in proper sanitation condition, under the direction of the Sanitation Manager, Supervisor, or Lead/Specialist. This position will be located in our new Linden fulfillment center.
- Responsible for cleaning building and equipment following a Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS)
- Understand and use a variety of Sanitation Chemicals to effectively complete assigned tasks
- Perform Chemical concentration and verify results
- Know and take steps to correct sanitizer's concentrating about Food Contact concentrations.
- Recognize soil types and use proper chemicals for removal
- Properly use all sanitation equipment safely
- Recognize and differentiate PH levels for adjusting and neutralizing solution
- Must protect product from contaminations while completing assigned tasks
- Ensure cleaning is done correctly
- Inspect equipment before and after cleaning for any possible contamination
- Report any acts or conditions that may place our product at risk
- Responsible for learning safety rules
- Responsible for following safety rules
- Follow LOTO Procedures when necessary
- Experience in a good manufacturing environment preferred
- Must have experience with sanitation and cleaning
- Mechanical aptitude with the capability to learn and follow instructions for disassembly and re-assemble of food processing equipment.
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
- Satisfactory drug and background screening following condition offer
- Eligibility to work in the U.S
- Overtime, weekend and holiday work, as required
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach about and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands with or without reasonable accommodation