ONE Lodging - now part of Aimbridge Hospitality
Under the direction of the F&B Manager and working in close collaboration with dining room staff, the bartender will provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for hotel guests and lounge patrons.
- Welcome, engage and communicate with guests using positive, friendly and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times
- Quickly learn bar menus and presentation of cocktails, well drinks, wines and beers
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons of bar and dining room, following standard recipes and maintaining internal controls for pouring and portioning
- Ring drink orders into POS system accurately and immediately; Follow established guidelines for collecting payment and proper cash handling
- Ensure all glassware and stemware is cleaned and sanitized; Arrange bottles and glassware to maintain an attractive and orderly bar environment
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Continuously monitor the bar area to ensure all guests are well-attended to, even those who may be outside of your station.
- Maintain awareness of guest consumption to ensure responsible alcoholic beverage service; Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons; Request management intervention when necessary
- Follow all internal controls for pouring and portioning
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and orderliness throughout bar area, to include refrigerators, storage, prep and stewarding areas, in compliance with health department regulations
- Learn and execute proper usage of bar equipment, appliances and tools
- Fulfill special orders as requested by guests, whenever possible
- Collaborate with fellow lounge staff and other departments to ensure effective communication, clear understanding of hotel needs and priorities and a seamless guest experience
- Perform varied functions throughout the bar as needed, to include set-up/prep of garnishes, stocking service items, cashiering, hosting, etc.
- Perform opening/closing and side work activities as directed
- Participate in inventories as directed
- Report and follow up on any workplace incidents, maintenance issues or safety hazards
- Support other departments, as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 1 year previous bartending experience in a full-service food and beverage operation'hotel bar experience is strongly preferred
- Strong body of knowledge regarding alcohol and wine products, bar operation fundamentals, customer service and drink preparation
- Up-to-date knowledge, certification and training in food handling, safety and sanitation
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with team members to accomplish common goals
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Mathematical skills necessary to divide and multiply recipes and understand measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and easily communicate with staff at all levels and across all departments
- Sufficient manual dexterity in order to use all bar equipment, i.e., knives, spoons spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and work continuously in confined spaces
- Ability to perform duties within varied temperature ranges
Job Posted by ApplicantPro