PetPanion Pet Care
PetPanion is full service pet care provider serving Ocean County, NJ. We offer pet sitting, dog walking, and in-home veterinary technician assistance. Care for pets takes place in the clients' homes. We do not contract out our work. We consider ourselves the "next level of pet care" and hire only capable, responsible, and trust-worthy employees who love pets, the outdoors, and pride themselves on great customer service. We are hoping our next great hire is you!
As an employee of PetPanion Pet Care, we provide training (training is required for this position no matter your level of pet experience), workman's comp insurance, uniforms, travel pay, and all supplies needed to perform your job. We also provide 24/7 staff support to answer your questions and give you guidance while on the job.
We are seeking a Pet Care Specialist (Dog Walking, Pet Sitting, In-Home Vet Tech Assistance) and invite you to apply to be a part of our knowledgable, amazing pet care team! Current available shifts are part-time 10-15 hours to start Monday through Friday in both Barnegat and Bayville/Ocean Gate area (must live in this area or must be willing to travel to this area within 25 miles of your home for consideration). More hours available as you progress. We are looking for someone with at least 1 year of professional pet care experience (personal pets do not count) but are willing to train the right person with the right attitude.
This is an hourly position. Starting pay is based on experience and pay increases and bonuses are given based on job performance and regular evaluations. This job requires a high level of attention to detail, customer service, and of course, love for animals. Although you may not have much personal interaction with the clients, some personal and plenty of online interaction is to be expected. We love our human clients just as much as our pet clients so if you love animals ,but do not like people, this is definitely not the job for you. This position also requires you to work outdoors so you should enjoy walking, playing and spending time out in the sunshine. You must also be prepared to have work in some inclement weather such as rain or heat (please note, we care about our employees and pets and will not send you out situations that require advisory warnings).
We love happy employee so we work to cultivate an environment that is supportive of forward thinking, creativity, and asking questions. Suggestions are always welcome as we have a strong open door policy. Opportunities to progress within the company and learn are available. Come join our team with some of the BEST pet care professionals around!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain clients home while they are away on vacation by caring for pets, light maintenance such as mail retrieval, alternating lights and blinds, and keeping small areas of the home clean
- Walk dogs using proper equipment provided
- Picking up poop and scooping litter boxes (sorry, but someone has to do it!)
- Ability to pay attention to details and follow instructions
- Ability to interact with animals in a calm, non-threatening manner, read their body language, and have the patience to work with fearful pets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications and Skills
- Must Live in the areas indicated in the job description.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation is required (that is able to transport and animal in the event of an emergency)
- Pass both state and federal background check
- Smartphone with enabled GPS tracking and access to email and be tech savvy or willing to learn (we use a lot of technology to ensure safety and accountability)
- Love both animals and people
- We provide service 24/7, 365 days per year so some holidays are required (you will not be required to work all holidays, we use a fair method to assign holiday shifts)
- Must be able to work and follow directions with little supervision
- Must be able to lift at least 50lb, stand for extended periods of time and be walk at least two large dogs
Benefits and Perks
- Exercise and a fun job that is never dull
- Comfortable uniform and all supplies needed to perform you job
- Pet first and and CPR certification is provided at no cost to you
- Drive time reimbursement
- Invaluable work experience that is a great resume builder
- Working with a team of people that love pets as much as you do
- The safety and security of working for an insured and bonded company
- 24/7 support from our administrative team
- Growth within the company is available to those interested in learning more