The Seelbach Hilton
To supervise, direct, assist, and assure the completion of housekeeping tasks assigned to Room Attendants and House persons in guest rooms and corridors to maintain Seelbach's high standards of cleanliness.
Visually inspect VIP rooms, guest rooms and corridors for cleanliness and appearance. Prepare work orders for shampooers to clean carpets and supply room attendants to maintain par stock in closet, etc.
Train and monitor performance of room attendants and house persons. Provide organization, instruction, guidance, communication, counselling, as well as exercise good judgement, while reinforcing Seelbach's high standards of quality. Prepare work performance reports on all personnel assigned to work area and submit to the Housekeeping office. Insure all jobs are completed within the shift. Prepare P.M. room status report.
Take requested inventories of furniture, fixtures, equipment and supplies, etc. Insure that both carts and linen/supply closets are kept clean, neat, and stocked according to departmental guidelines. Upon inspection of VIP rooms, make certain all VIP supplies are in place.
Report all maintenance deficiencies in guest rooms and corridors via work orders. Telephone deficiencies considered emergencies (i.e. overflowing toilets or broken pipes in bathrooms, lights out in bathrooms, closets, or corridors, broken mirror or window) to the maintenance department.
Expedite special guest requests, such as extra towels, blankets or pillows.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Assist room attendants and house person in securing all supplies and tools necessary for the completion of their jobs as the need arises.
- Report all suspicious persons or actions, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Security Department.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting Room Attendants when necessary.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to lift, reach, bend, stoop, stand and walk continuously, climb stairs, and push or pull heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete forms such as a room status report.
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to subordinates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise judgement and implement control over the performance of subordinates.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education preferred.
Minimum six months supervisory experience or one year of comparable Housekeeping experience acceptable.