Villagio Senior Living
Provides quick, efficient, and pleasant delivery of food to residents and guests, ensuring all quality standards of food and service are being met. Ensures good customer service, safety and proper handling of dishes, glassware, and utensils.
- Takes food orders, presents to kitchen staff and delivers meals to residents and guests in a proper and timely manner in accordance with department company standards.
- Responds quickly to resident and guest requests. Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure their satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate fulfillment of orders and checks food quality. Returns food that does not meet quality standards such as temperature, color, and doneness.
- Responds to company issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room. Reports issues/concerns to management immediately.
- Assists with the preparation and assembly of meals, in accordance with the menu and in a safe, sanitary manner under the direction of the Cook or Dining Services Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper preparation, portioning and serving of foods according to the standardized recipes and menus.
- Follows departmental procedures including sanitation, safety and cleaning schedules.
- Labels and dates all food products in the refrigerator, freezer and food storage area and properly disposes of refuse.
- Assists setting tables, removing dirty dishes, disposing of refuse and waste materials, and restocking inventory as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.