American Eagle Outfitters
The Sales Leader supports the store management team by effectively performing the responsibilities of a LOD by creating a selling culture and enhances the customer s experience and achieves the store sales goals. In the absence of a member of management, the Sales Leader is responsible for the daily operation of the store. The Sales Leader is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: SALES LEADER
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team
STATUS: Part Time
SUPERVISES: Store Associates
- Perform the responsibilities of the Leader on Duty (LOD), as outlined in the AE LOD Program, to lead a Customer First culture.
- Communicate clear expectations and hold the store associates and themselves accountable to achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to elevate leadership skillset and individual performance.
- Partner with the Store Management team in the execution of the store business plan to drive KPI results and maximizes business opportunities.
- Establish and assign individual goals to sales and stock associates; monitor performance and provide real-time coaching to support them in achieving the assigned goals.
- Drive AE brand loyalty by ensuring associates are knowledgeable of all AEO loyalty programs and holding them accountable for consistently informing customers of each program.
- Lead role in training, developing and coaching the associate team to create a Customer First culture.
- Motivate associates by providing feedback and recognition for behaviors that drive positive results.
- Recognize and communicate associate performance issues to store management in a timely manner to develop plans for resolution.
Visual & Operational Execution
- Maintain company brand standards per the 5 S s (In Size, Styled, Stocked, Standard, Signed).
- Execute strategic, brand appropriate merchandising product moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
- Ensure consistent and effective shipment processing and flow to the floor are executed while maintaining stockroom SOP.
- Executes all daily operational procedures and supports the management team to ensure the store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
In the absence of a member of management is authorized to:
- Open store Monday through Friday only; close store Sunday through Wednesday if necessary
- Complete cash refunds for returned merchandise
- Complete employee purchase transactions
- Complete cash pay-outs for store purchases and services (up to $50.00)
- Receive merchandise shipment; complete markdowns on sale and damaged goods
- Complete morning bank deposits
- Minimum High School education or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 2 year retail experience or equivalent education.
- Team leader experience preferred.
- Must have flexible availability for store needs.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and store team.
- Demonstrated collaborate skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions
- Proficient use of technology
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity ( EEO ) laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.