Smith Arnold Partners
For this and other similar positions, go to www.smitharnold.com
Are you an Accounting Professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to all key facets of the business, as well as to senior management be appealing to you? If so, this Staff Accountant opportunity could be for you.
Title: Staff Accountant
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000 Bonus eligible
Location: New York, NY
A highly successful global nutritional products company is seeking to hire a key Staff Accountant to provide hands-on support on behalf of the build out of its regional corporate accounting infrastructure. Reporting directly to the North America Corporate Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for owning and maintaining the general and sub-ledgers while working closely with the financial planning and analysis team. This highly visible and ground floor opportunity offers significant exposure to all business stakeholders during an exciting time for the company s emerging North American division.
- Responsibilities for the Staff Accountant will include supporting division s financial close, including producing quality financial statements.
- Maintaining the GL, including preparation of journal entries, fixed asset accounting, and account reconciliations.
- Ensuring accounting controls are in compliance with US GAAP & IFRS.
- Assisting with accounts payable and receivable processes to ensure cash is applied accurately.
- Reconciling daily bank activities, providing cash disbursement requests, and preparing cash forecasts.
- Working closely with the financial planning and analysis team.
- Participating in many interesting special projects.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting
- 3-4 years of relevant experience, including one plus year of public accounting preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP, IFRS) in a manufacturing or related environment a plus
- Experience using Microsoft office products including MS Excel and PowerPoint; SAP a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an entrepreneurial start-up like environment