Salad Bar Tenders, Inc.
POSITION: Salad Bar Merchandiser
FLSA STATUS: Full Time - Exempt
TRAVEL: 75 100%
SETTING: Retail Stores
About our company:
Our Kitchen in Harleysville, Pennsylvania is an FDA & USDA inspected refrigerated food manufacturing plant with a HACCP program of quality assurance. We begin processing fresh ingredients in the evening, start production using those fresh ingredients early in the morning, everything is packed up and out the door by the afternoon, and then the whole process starts over again. Dedicated production workers run our plant, not automated machines, and the result is a "homemade" quality that differentiates our product from the competition. To maintain this quality and the integrity of the ingredients, our products are hand-packed.
About the position:
What is merchandising? It s as simple as taking our fresh food product and merchandise from our USDA inspected fresh salad manufacturing company and selling it to the customer. To make sure that our products are the best quality available, Salad Bar Tenders, Inc. works closely with take great pains to make sure their products are visible in stores and presented in an appealing fashion.
As a merchandiser you actually represent Salad Bar Tenders, Inc. in our customer s retail stores. The merchandiser also insures that the product is presented in an appealing way. This person should have strong sales and negotiating skills, as well as initiative and an eye for proper placement. This person needs solid communication along with an eye for detail and analytical abilities. He or she also needs to be a creative and innovative thinker.
This position will require traveling between Charlotte North Carolina, Baltimore Maryland, Washington DC, Charleston South Carolina, and Richmond Virginia.
The Salad Bar Merchandiser position involves a number of responsibilities, most of which are noted here...
- As a merchandiser you would make regular visits to all customer retailers in designated area of responsibility.
- Maximize purchases of our products through our customer service department and distribution warehouse.
- Assist retail customers in any way that is needed as long as it falls in line with company guidelines.
- Provide tools to retail customers to enhance their retail operations.
- Assist in merchandising seminars for our retail customers.
- Assist in training retail personnel.
- Attain the budgeted sales goals for all areas of responsibility.
- Develop new store salad bar planogram layouts.
- Introduce retailers to new items to increase sales.
- Update retailers on state and federal regulations.
- Assist retailers with equipment and supply purchases, new product introduction and promotion, and keep appraised of current market conditions.
- Assist retailers in training personnel.
- Work with new stores to help ensure Salad Bar programs are a success.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a food related retail environment will be extremely helpful. As a Merchandiser, you will serve as a leader to department managers to assist in achieving departmental goals so experience in a supervisory role is essential. First hand knowledge and experience working in the food service industry. Due to the nature of the merchandising assignment, someone with proven self discipline in maintaining multiple tasks in relatively short periods of time would most likely make an easier transition into this position. Excellent people skills are also an important aspect of this position. Comfort in training others, often repeatedly, is an asset. We offer a much more valuable resource to our customers, which they have come to rely on which is our trusted training and valued insight into the correct management of the departments we are assigned to work in.
Minimum educational requirement is High School Diploma or GED.
Serve Safe Certification (we will provide unless you are already certified)
For over 25 years Salad Bar Tenders, Inc. has demonstrated its concern for customers, pride in its products, and care for its associates and commitment to the community. We make sure that our customers and associates enjoy a very high standard of excellence. We offer stimulating professional challenges and an excellent compensation and benefit package that includes medical, dental, disability, vision, life insurance, and matched 401(k).
We respect all AA and EEO principles in support of a diverse workplace.