Wellington Drive Technologies
Come work with us! We are a high-tech IoT and Refrigeration solutions company serving the world s largest food and beverage brands. Wellington Drive Technologies (WDT) has three business units: Connect IoT Solutions, ECR Electronic Refrigeration Motors and Proximity Marketing Services. Our HQ and innovation centre in Auckland, New Zealand and has sales offices around the globe. The company has doubled its sales over the last four years and now has revenues of around USD$40m (and growing), with many new exciting new projects underway.
We're looking for someone to lead sales efforts and manage strategic accounts within the USA and Canada. A business development person, who ideally comes from the food service or big brand food and beverage industry. Someone who can autonomously and confidently manage existing customers and also penetrate new markets while thriving in our small, all-hands-on-deck start-up environment. This is strategic sales leadership role that will be instrumental in improving the company s bottom line. The right person is expected to work closely with the management team and the existing North American customer team to identify, develop, coordinate and implement short-and long-term sales strategies and objectives designed to maximize business growth and opportunities for the company.
- The ideal candidate is a closer with a track record of success developing sales activities and driving expansion into new and existing markets and verticals. They have had experience in smaller start-ups and larger enterprizes the ability deliver in both
- They will be an authentic, collaborative, passionate and tenacious individual who has experience in consultative sales with an emphasis on sales in the food service industry (cold and ambient) and with IoT products and service
- Proven success penetrating markets with a new product with a hands-on approach to developing customers strategies, business development, marketing, and sales
- Experience handling senior level stakeholders and closing deals with multinational food and beverage companies with a consultative sales method. Experience managing through the value chain, from the end user brand to the equipment manufacturers or service provider
- Able to see big opportunities, translate that into strategy, break that down to tactics, and proactively execute until the win is accomplished and sustained. From sales strategy to actually winning a customer!
- Entrepreneurial spirit or owner's mentality - you're always the first to offer a hand to help other parts of the organization, no matter the task
- Responsible to develop, implement and maintain a strategic sales plan, including channel and partnership development, to advance sales growth in the USA & Canada region
- Formulate sales plans to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the Wellington team to solve customer problems
- Work closely with our USA motor sales agent, East West Manufacturing, and manage that relationship to sales targets. Look for other opportunities to expand sales through sales agency or disctirbution agreements
- Close deals with an eye on short term revenue and longer term growth, including negotiating agreements and account managing post-close
- Promote and sell all of Wellington's products including IoT products and service and refrigeration motors. Create go-to-market plans for new products and services from scratch
- When the time is right, build out a team of sales and marketing professionals
- Provide market feedback to the Company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs, new product development ideas and product improvement opportunities
A key project for this role is to support the company as it develops IoT products and services for the Foodservice market. Foodservice refers to the sale of food and beverages that are prepared for immediate consumption or for takeaways and home deliveries. Foodservice outlets could be commercial establishments which include fast-food restaurants, dine in restaurants, catering, nightclubs, stadiums and recreational venues or outlets. Non-commercial outlets could include food operations that run inside the premises of an organizations such as cafeterias or food service equipment in hospitals, schools and military bases.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Business or IT required with MBA preferred
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of IoT products and/or Food and Beverage Marketing Equipment products that utilize IoT components. Able to hold their own in technical discussions with customers
- Minimum ten years of direct B2B strategic sales or business development experience with food and beverage equipment/technology/IoT or SaaS Solutions.
- Extensive experience with strategic planning, market analysis and product management from the customer first perspective
- Strong track record of opening new markets, exceeding sales goals and selling complex enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of/experience with structured sales methodologies such as Strategic Selling, Solution Selling and Target Account Selling
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Very organized and methodical in approach. Top notch presentation, demo, proposal writing, contract reading, and negotiation skills
What you will get
- Competitive salary with sales incentive plan, health coverage
- Excellent training on Wellington product and services
- Very flexible work environment, work from home, the beach, your cottage, our office - just as long as you hit your numbers it s all good.
- Travel across the continent, and the opportunity to travel to fun places such as New Zealand, Mexico and Europe (if you have Nexus and are multilingual, that's a bonus for us).