Apogee Insurance Group, a Berkshire Hathaway Company
FULL TIME REGIONAL BRANCH AGENCY REPRESENTATIVE
Apogee Insurance Group is a Berkshire Hathaway specialty broker focused on Professional (E&O), Management (D&O, EPL, Crime, and Fiduciary), Cyber, and Pollution Liability risks. Our product expertise, service, and focus on the independent retail agent customer set us apart from other wholesalers. We are licensed in all 50 states and provide both admitted and excess & surplus terms from over 60 insurance companies. With offices located in Philadelphia, Chicago, Mission Viejo, and Austin; our team members believe in face-to-face relationships to assist our independent retail agent customers with the best experience in placing Professional and Management Liability.
Our Apogee team is gaining momentum and growing rapidly! We are seeking an Agency Representative who will support our company in expanding our presence in the Southeast Region.
The Agency Representative will focus on submission and premium production from independent retail agent customers. This intermediate level sales and marketing position demands a self-driven, competitive, team player with the urgency, thoroughness, and time-management skills to make a positive impact on our business. The ideal candidate resides in the Southeast Region (Orlando, Tampa, etc.) and is entrepreneurial-minded and organized, has exceptional communication skills, and is motivated by taking something established to the next level. Assigned territory is TBD pending where candidate resides.
Production and Customer Visits
- Grow the Apogee brand.
- Conduct a minimum of 48 customer visits monthly focusing on all Apogee products.
- Prospect for new customers in assigned territory; set-up meetings and send agendas.
- Identify areas of opportunity, differentiate what we offer with what the customer has elsewhere and create action plans to earn the business/share our story.
- Schedule joint travel customer appointments with carrier partners and in-house product experts/leadership quarterly.
- Drive submission and premium production to meet minimum sales activity goals combination of submission flow, customer visits, and premium/binder production.
- Work in conjunction with in-house product experts to bind new business quotes.
- Develop promotional materials to support the sales of carriers, products, and services.
- Utilize sales software (ACT), account management software (AIM) and MS Office to manage customer relationships and update customer profiles.
- Monitor production of customers to achieve goals.
- Communicate regularly with in-house account managers to enhance knowledge about submission activity and partner with in-house team on renewals above $10,000 premium.
- Identify cluster groups, agency networks, or any other customer groups and work in conjunction with Senior Agency Representative to formulate a plan for penetration.
- Attend local trade shows to deepen brand awareness and penetrate customers attending.
- Obtain Property & Casualty License.
- Enroll and complete formal insurance education program for both professional and personal development as outlined in individual development plan (AINS, RPLU).
- Attend regular sales training sessions to improve sales skills, technical product knowledge, and competitor information.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays valid driver s license
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently & in teams
EDUCATION: College Bachelor s Degree
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in sales and/or marketing is preferred
- Prior insurance product knowledge and insurance education a plus!
- Receive compensation for training and continuing education while you learn the business.
- Competitive base salary and benefits package with quarterly and end of year bonuses based on production.
- High-energy and performance-driven work culture, while embracing a flexible life balance
- Frequent customer interaction and networking opportunities, including carrier and customer outings, insurance industry events, etc.
- Free lunch provided daily
- Company phone & Surface laptop provided
- Corporate Amex and Corporate Enterprise account
- Dinner and Hotel paid for while traveling overnight