Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
POSITION SUMMARY: A Dispatcher is responsible for the coordination of the utilization of drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
- Ensure maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
- Assign loads to drivers based on designated routes and driver location.
- Prepare, update and dispense the daily route schedule.
- Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick ups), route completions and driver locations.
- Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
- Courteously interact with customers, as required.
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned..
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks, and/ or working as a dispatcher.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
Short- and long-term disability.
Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
Employee discount programs.
401(k) plan with a generous company match.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.