Ensure payroll is prepared and submitted accurately and timely. Assist employees in a professional manner with payroll related questions. Maintain current knowledge of IRS regulations.
- Process bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and commission based payrolls.
- Track employee attendance and maintain PTO balances.
- Prepare overtime reports.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance as well as other wage attachments.
- Perform compliance for unclaimed payroll checks.
- Maintain and update employee records.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Respond to employee inquiries on all payroll related matters.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Respond to employment verification requests.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting.
- Conducts training sessions for departmental managers and supervisors for Paycor platform.
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Payroll.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Assist with all other tasks as needed or assigned.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Follow policy & procedures.
- Follow all safety requirements and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Stay current on company policies and procedures as described in the employee handbook.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with peers.
- Demonstrate high level of administrative competence and knowledge of Human Resources.
- Complies with all existing governmental, labor and legal reporting processes.
- Experience with multi-state payroll.
- Knowledge of level one employment law and regulation requirement including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Understand and accept team concept.
- Ability to pass an alarm monitoring certification.
Educational and Licenses/Certifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years payroll experience or combination of experience and/ education with comparable knowledge, skills and abilities.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be flexible, adaptable and self-motivated in fast paced environment.
- Work is performed in a controlled access environment
- Performing the duties of this job requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must possess the ability to view and operate computer equipment up to 8 hours daily.
- Stress levels are moderate.
- Hours are Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm.