Performs various tasks involved in assembly, production, packaging, and shipment of BeechTree Enterprises products.
- Completes the production of work subcontracted from local companies to include:
- Assembling products by hand according to specific instructions
- Putting together and inspects products to ensure they are up to quality standards
- Preparing items according to customers specifications with consistent quality. Tasks to include, but not limited to: counting, collating, affixing labels, fulfillment services, etc.
- Working in an assembly line
- Quality control
- Packaging products and assisting in the shipment of items
- Prepares BeechTree Products by:
- Following recipes to mix BeechTree product with consistent quality
- Affixing labels on bottles and packages of BeechTree products.
- Notifies Supervisor of Vocational Services or designee when inventory of supplies and finished products runs low.
- Uses small tools and machinery such as shrink wrap machine, heat sealer, stapler, hot glue gun, etc.
- Cleans work area throughout the day to ensure the work station is free of debris.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines in the work place.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Communicates effectively with employees and customers.
- Understands the concept of an affirmative enterprise.
- Demonstrates recognition of, and properly reports suspected abuse and neglect.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to diversity issues and ensures that the culture of each BeechTree Employee is understood and respected.
- Demonstrates compassion and respect for the rights of people with disabilities and demonstrates the ability to earn their confidence.
- Receptive to and demonstrates an open-mindedness to change; proactively works to learn and accept change; accepts unexpected job tasks based on program and/or company needs.
- Sets and maintains professional boundaries.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to lift/transfer a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Demonstrate reading skills to adequately perform all required duties.
- Accessibility to reliable source of transportation to get to work as scheduled.