Become a member of our team! The Mitchell Insurance Agency is a family owned and operated agency for over 58 years. With us you are not just a number. We offer a full benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, long term disability, and group life insurance. Avoid NJ traffic by commuting against the grain.
We are currently looking to add our team with an exciting opportunity as Commercial Lines Account Manager at Mitchell Insurance Agency, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position will be responsible for representing over 50 insurance companies, so experience working on the agency side is required. Ability to work in a fast paced environment while being detail oriented is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dedicated to customer service
- Update and maintain renewal lists and send renewal letters as requested.
- Communicate with both carriers and clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Review policies, endorsements, audits and other policy documents for accuracy.
- Process binders, certificates of insurance and all other policy information updates.
- Organize and prioritize workflow.
- Provide technical support to Producer; specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Accompany Producer on prospect and client meetings when requested.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base.
- Order and issue binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verify accuracy and forward to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Producer according to agency standards.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or the recognized equivalent, required
- Property & Casualty insurance license, required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in as a Commercial Insurance Account Manager at an agency
- Applied Epic or similar agency management software experience, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisures property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting Acrisures Human Resources Talent Department.