Capital Senior Living
***This position will be primarily on the Weekends. Day and Evening Shifts. May also cover some Weekday shifts as well. The ideal candidate will have a flexible and accommodating schedule***
The Concierge position was createdto enhance the coverage during the hours that the administrative staff are not on premises. In this position, the Concierge will be multi-tasking and have a variety of responsibilities. Flexibility is a key element and requirement of this position.
- High School graduate (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience working with seniors preferred.
- Interacts with residents effectively and in a pleasant, respectful and courteous manner.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations without compromising the safety of his/herself, .. residents or other staff.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform all required tasks as outlined in the Concierge Manual
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications
- Has well developed observation
- Ensure the communication into the building is functioning pr (use of a pager at all times)
- Maintain the "Daily Report Log" to report occurrences during the shift
- Monitor the Fire Alarm System
- Respond to all emergencies in the building or on the grounds as outlined in the Concierge Binder and as directed by the Executive Director and/or the Assistant Director.
- Monitor the building safety by checking exit doors, garbage rooms and its doors, vacant apartments, win
- Report unusual, suspicious events immediately to the appropriate personnel and/or monitoring agency as outlined in the Concierge Binder or as directed by the Executive Director.
- Minor maintenance repair (i.e. stopped toilet, a light out, etc.)
- Report maintenance needs in the building or on the grounds (i.e. Lights Out Report)
- To monitor the reception desk when necessary. (i.e. during "meal count" or tours)
- . Complete all tasks and responsibilities as outlined in the Concierge Binder
- Deliver fliers and/or other correspondence to the residents as assigned
- Acts as a positive representative of the community at all times.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program
- Participates in surveys/inspections made by authorized government agencies.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident information
- Complies with federal and State regulations relative to resident rights issues and quality of life issues
- Ensures that residents are free from abuse (physical, sexual, psychological, verbal), mistreatment, and negligence. Reports any such instance to the Executive Director. *
- Performs efficiently and in a timely manner any other duties assigned by the Executive Di
- Attends all in-service education programs mandated by Corporate, State, and Federal guidelines
- Reports all accidents/incidents and hazardous conditions/equipment, as established by department policies.
- Disposes of waste in accordance with established policies.*
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policies and procedures.*
- Follows established guidelines when using equipment, supplies and chemicals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control throughout the community.
- Complies with safe food handling procedures.*
- Reports all exposures in accordance with OSHA and CSL guidelines, policies and procedures.