The Save Mart Companies
The Clerk Helper is an excellent entry level store position, with many opportunities for growth and learning within our Save Mart family of businesses in the grocery industry. Our Clerk Helpers play an important role in the efficient operations of the front-end, by providing friendly, fast and effective customer service. Your goal as a Clerk Helper is to create a friendly, welcoming, and helpful store atmosphere, establishing loyal repeat customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide a remarkable shopping experience for our customers by greeting and engaging with each customer, offering assistance, being approachable and friendly, and by going the extra mile to ensure that our customers are taken care of.
- Perform store sweeps, with emphasis on front-end and entrance areas; ensuring floors are free of spills or debris, to provide a safe environment for customers as well as co-workers.
- Routine and daily cleaning of registers and belts, emptying check stand trash cans, dusting and facing shelves.
- Collect all shopping carts from the parking lot, maintaining a cart-free lot throughout the duration of your shift.
- Perform price checks, and assist with go backs returning items to correct location, with perishables being the first priority.
- Assisting Clerks to move lines quickly at busy times by bagging groceries quickly and efficiently, taking care to protect quality and condition of items.
- No experience required!
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Continuous walking, standing, reaching, and bending
- Environment includes indoor and outdoor with exposure to widely varying temperatures.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong team players with a willingness and desire to learn, work hard, and have fun with it!
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Performs other duties as assigned