Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, schedule, release, distribute and close work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Monitor the schedule and plan production departments to support dynamic customer demand and service levels.
- Identify and resolve issues to ensure production continuity and adherence to customer delivery schedules.
- Create master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Collaborating/communicating with Production, Sourcing, Quality, Engineering, Customer Service and other departments in a timely and professional manner.
- Support implementation of new ERP System to forecast production demand, manage customer forecast, safety stock requirements, and maintain desired inventory levels.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Support development and facilitation of S&OP, Sales and Operations Planning meetings and process.
- Monitor slow moving inventory and obsolescence and drive improvements to achieve inventory goals and reduce obsolescence.
- Support development of cycle counting process and ongoing physical counts and system transactions and yearly physical inventory.
- Work with operations, supply chain, engineering and support departments to improve production efficiencies.
- Participate in lean events and the support of continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
- Coordinate and lead daily production meetings.
- Support development and maintenance of key production metrics.
- Serve as back up support for operations and production leadership team as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; keeps others adequately informed.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; works cooperatively in group situations.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years planning experience; inventory management and analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
APICS certification a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Support warehouse production hours, overtime as needed and occasional weekend support required.