Terrain Garden Caf celebrates the cycle of the seasons and the bounty of the land. Using hand-selected produce, meats and dairy products, our team takes pride in crafting menus from the seasonal harvest of local farmers we know and trust. Located in Glen Mills, PA; Westport, CT; Palo Alto, CA and coming soon to Devon, PA and Bethesda, MD, we work tirelessly to craft an environment that aesthetically and gastronomically reflects the best of our local community. Terrain Garden Cafe is part of URBN Food and Beverage, which also owns and operates Amis brands (Amis Trattoria and Bar Amis) and Pizzeria Vetri.
Reports to: Front of House Management
Welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. Answer telephone, take reservations and manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival
- Check coats or bags
- Answer phones, make reservations and take messages
- When immediate seating is limited, provide guests with estimated waiting time
- Take note of where guests are waiting and seat them when tables become available
- Maintain a professional, courteous attitude when confronted with hostile, impatient or irate guests
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible
- Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations
- Relay guest notes to servers, kitchen and managers as needed
- Maintain supplies at the host stand according to restaurant checklist
- Print menus and beverage lists as needed
- Clean menus of food and stains
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return
- Process gift cards
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager
- Previous restaurant experience preferred
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Self-motivated and interested in taking on additional roles and responsibilities
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8hours)
- Be able to lift, reach, bend and stoop
Sound like a good fit?
If you are ready to lead and inspire a team of positive, dynamic individuals, please apply. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications. You can learn more about all URBN brands at www.urbn.com.
As an URBN employee, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees that includes medical, vision and dental coverage. All employees receive a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, qualified transportation credit, a generous employee referral program and much more.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job