CentraState Healthcare System
[ Overview ]
Will assists in the production of attractive, palatable and therapeutically correct foods in compliance with sanitation regulations for residents and employees. Assists with all special food functions.
[ Responsibilities ]
- Obtains needed supplies from storeroom freezer, etc. to complete daily assignments.
- Ensures standardized recipes are used in preparation of all menu items.
- Inspects and tastes food for quality, presentation, and adherence to menu.
- Works closely with the chef/senior cook in preparation and blast chilling of foods.
- Prepares food for special functions.
- Assists with inventory and projected orders, prepares and places food and supply orders as assigned.
[ Qualifications ]
- High school graduate or equivalency required. Two years culinary school or training preferred.
- Two years experience in quantity cooking in a hotel, restaurant or hospital preferred.
- Supervisory in Therapeutic cooking experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
[ Physical Demands ]
Works in a clean, well-lighted and ventilated kitchen. Atmosphere is warm, moist and odors from cooking foods. Subject to sudden changes in temperature when entering refrigerators and freezers.
No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist Frequently
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds Occasionally
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds Rarely
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
[ Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ]
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.