Position: Data Entry Clerk
Location: New York, NY
Department: Health & Hospitals
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Contract Duration: 3+ Months
Hourly Rate $15.50
Summary: Receives, collects, reviews and enters data into a computer system or tracking database. Ensures the accuracy of all data recorded and verifies that the information is complete.
- Read source documents and enter data in specific data fields accurately.
- Collect, compile, sort and verify the data's accuracy or completeness before it is entered.
- May perform data integrity tasks by locating and correcting data entry errors, or reporting them to supervisors.
- May scan or upload documents.
- Perform routine office/lab duties, such as answering phones and maintaining supplies.
- May maintain logs of activities and completed work. File completed documents in appropriate locations or distribute them, as required.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare organization
- Must type 45 wpm
- Knowledge of Medical terminology