ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that features 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor includes a six-acre park along the water that features a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
The Encore Boston Harbor Utility House Person Housekeeping will provide deep cleaning services, including carpet cleaning and regular intensive cleaning of guest rooms, and will provide support services to all Housekeeping team members. Utility House Persons will be responsible for cleaning assigned facility areas according to established quality standards and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: fulfilling job responsibilities to support the department and maximizing opportunities for success; maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participates in short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Actively contributes to departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Follows that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and property-wide controls are enforced within the department.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Maintains a safe and pristine work environment at all
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Uses correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according toOSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree or equivalent preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience preferred.
Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Conversational English required, second language a plus. Ability to write instructions. Ability to present information.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintains reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.