Job Overview: The Etch Operator operates the etcher machine that sprays the boards with ammonia etchant which takes off the exposed base copper but doesn t affect the tin/lead coated circuitry.
Shifts Available: 2nd shift: Start at 1pm or 3pm
- Check job jackets for requirements and priority.
- Process boards through etcher, adjusting speed and checking line width.
- Rack boards and push to location specified by job jacket.
- Sample tanks for lab, Clean tanks
- Monitor spray rinse and clean nozzles, change filters and monitor roller condition
- Maintain job jacket, daily production log and records on temperature, chemical additions.
- Strictly follow all EPA requirements.
Equipment Used: Microscope, Razor blade, pH meter, Chemical pump, CCE Etcher
Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation
6 months minimum in a manufacturing plant
Stand for extended periods of time
Understand basic math, read prints
Not recommended for someone sensitive to ammonia odor
Willing to occasionally work overtime
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) experience a plus