Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day account management for small to mid-sized clients that are routine/moderately complex client accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages an assigned book of business and builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients.
- Leads appropriate resources to address the client's risk/capital management needs.
- Secures existing business and drives the sale of additional services and coverage levels.
- Cultivates relationships with the most senior buyer in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client representatives and buyers.
- Has retention goals for assigned group of accounts.
- May coordinate the work of administrative support and customer service.
- May support an Account Executive or a Broker Producer and is the first line of contact when the Account Executive or Broker/Producer is not available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree plus 3 or more years client coordination and/or claims management experience
High School diploma/GED with 8 or more years client coordination and/or claims management experience.
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified.
- Able and willing to travel approximately 25% of the time, or less.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and good judgment to quickly determine and prioritize key issues.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.