Studio Productions LLC
Studio Productions is the exclusive in-house production vendor for the new Glasshouses venue, The Glasshouse, at 660 12th Avenue in New York City.
The Glasshouse, opening in 2020, will be a 75,000 square foot penthouse space with outdoor terraces and incredible waterfront and city views and will have the capability to host a wide array of corporate, social and non-profit events. The venue features state-of-the-art production capabilities, including built-in programmable audiovisual equipment and rigging points throughout the space.
We are seeking a knowledgeable, dynamic, and highly motivated Technical Director to join our team. Ideal candidates thrive in a fast-paced environment and think strategically about how to maximize revenue opportunities and profitability across a variety of event types.
Please visit www.studio-productions.com for more information.
- Attend meetings with clients and planners to understand their production needs and their areas of concern or paramount issues to execute events in line with client s vision.
- Attend meetings and conference calls as necessary and maintain a quick email response to all clients.
- Work with event sales team to assist with booking events.
- Send production packages and pricing to clients when requested.
- Collaborate with Audio, Video, Lighting, Staging and Rigging Departments to provide relevant items such as, stage plots, riders, technical dwg s specific contact information and other client specifics upon receipt.
- Attend weekly meetings with Technical Director and other department heads to review upcoming events and advise team of event status and possible client changes and crucial client issues.
- Review Run of Show, load in, and strike schedules.
- Create Studio Productions proposals with department heads to ensure targets are met and to expedite cross-media infrastructures.
- Provide recommendations on the type, number and hours for staff on production proposal reviewing with the Technical Director before sending to client.
- Review all rental orders with Technical Director to ensure accuracy and optimization of items that are daily and weekly rentals.
- Maintain awareness of the need for COI s and specifications check the file to make sure they have been received and comply with specifications.
- Understand and support implementation of the house policy on restricted items unless vendor or client has written permission from ownership.
- Provide list of crew and functions to Technical Director for high level security events with Secret Service, private security teams and international government entities security for walk throughs. Advise them as to what key production people will need to be in which locations and have access to FOH (front of house), and BOH (back of house) areas during events.
- Understand the operational schedule of events as relates to production while interfacing with event sales, venue facility department and house crew.
- Coordinate with Technical Director for all departments for: loading dock availability, load in of production deliveries, available storage space, catering crew s storage and staging areas, liquor storage and staging areas, d cor companies show and staging areas, set companies show and staging areas, bands and entertainers, visiting production teams
- Review schedule and final floor plans for event, as well as schedule for the next event to enable proper functionalities for both events and to optimize equipment as alternates to reduce rental fees.
- Confirm with show crew that client is satisfied prior to doors and event commencement.
- Review any overtime charges and advise sales if additional overtime was needed by the client; provide recommendations and review if the client should be billed for overtime or if overtime fees should be waived.
- Review Production Manager s post event report; incorporate insight into future event execution.
- Maintain through knowledge of in-house equipment inventory and make recommendations on equipment rentals.
- Review in house equipment inventory and 3rd party rental items currently in house so that if the opportunity arises, they can be offered as a rental to another client.
- Maintain files for all events including contact information and meeting notes; apply input feedback to current and future events.
- 3 years experience selling live event production or similar industry experience
- Deep understanding of the production business; ability to identify revenue-generating opportunities
- Record of exceeding revenue goals
- Track record of sales leadership, including providing strategic ideas as well as day-to-day management of accounts
- Strategic- proof of leveraging creative methods to support and expand sales efforts
- Outstanding customer service and relationship-building skills
- Highly collaborative; ability to create relationships quickly with colleagues and business partners
- Superior ethical standards and personal character
- Solution oriented, highly motivated and proactive self-starter who works well as both team member, manager, and individual contributor
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities; at ease with complexity
- Ability to manage many accounts and projects simultaneously, providing quick and accurate information to clients and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational abilities with strong attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
- Dynamic, with a passion for hospitality and events
- Must have a flexible work schedule and be able to accommodate work schedules based on business needs
- General knowledge of current video products i.e., projection, cameras, switchers, record platforms, digital signage, LCD, LED, etc.
- General knowledge of video mapping
- General knowledge of staging
- General knowledge of Lighting, Audio and Rigging
- Proficient in Microsoft office, Excel and Power Point