Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system s second-largest hospital.
- Coordinates the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Facilitates timely insurance reviews and appropriately documents authorizations in EMR.
- Actively communicate results of managed care reviews with treatment team, including any issues that may affect length of stay and discharge.
- Provide education to employees around medical necessity and supporting documentation as indicated from regulatory standards.
- Assists/facilitates appeal letters as needed for denials when treatment is denied or needs a more extensive review process.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field. Licensure preferred, or registered nurse with experience listed above and 3 years experience in a mental health setting.
- Active CT license as an LCSW, LPC, LMFT or similar preferred.
- One year experience providing care management/insurance reviews in mental health setting required.
We take great care of careers.With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.