Central Garden & Pet
Our Pet Segment is searching for a Warehouse Associate in our Monroe Township, NJ facility. Warehouse Associate is responsible for the accurate and timely filling of customer orders; while consistently verifying (scanning) the product identification numbers and confirming item counts are accurate.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Filling customer orders by picking from pallet locations, ensuring correct product identification number, quantity and quality of product.
- Experience operating Electric Jack, Stand-Up Reach Truck and Sit-Down forklift. Order picker experience a plus.
- Must have prior Warehouse experience including pulling orders and use of an RF scanning device.
- Operate scan guns to track the movement and placement of merchandise.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 1+ year prior warehouse/distribution center experience, preferably picking/packing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment
- Basic math skills
- Ability to place items in alpha/numeric sequence
- Ability to perform manual labor and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to follow written and verbal direction
- Ability to effectively communicate with departmental personnel
- Detail oriented and quality focused
- Must be flexible to work overtime as needed
- Operate scan guns to track the movement and placement of merchandise
- Lift and maneuver products
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work involves exposure to typical industrial environment, which may include exposure to hot/humid conditions and industrial noise from machines and equipment.Considerable physical activity. Requires some pushing, pulling, or lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.