Tonkawa Indian Casino West
Responsible for fast and clean servicing of all menu items to the customers.
- Prepares, cooks and seasons food for customers. Variations on this job include line cook, vegetable cook, fry cook, or grill cook.
- Controls food production to include; proper cooking methods, cooking time and temperature and ensuring sanitation, handling and storage of prepared food and leftovers.
- Works with other kitchen staff to follow recipes, uses ovens, grills, microwaves, and other industrial cooking apparatus.
- Prepares ingredients for the dishes that are cooked and served. This includes chopping vegetables, breaking down, cutting or grinding meat, weighing and mixing ingredients, washing and preparing vegetables, storing food, and more.
- Prepares for rush period of work without getting behind; assists in keeping stock on hand and organizes orders.
- Measures and weighs ingredients, monitors food for freshness and safety, maintains a clean kitchen and stores ingredients properly.
- Ensures each order sent out is uniform and consistent.
- Dishwashers are responsible for unloading the dishes and cutlery brought to them by bussers and loading them into dish trays. The trays are then placed into the commercial washers and blasted with scalding hot water. The commercial dishwashing machines can't always accommodate larger pots and pans, so occasionally you may be required to wash things by hand, the old fashioned way.
- Delivers complete orders to customers as needed.
- Busses tables in the restaurant as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent preferred.
- Previous restaurant, kitchen, food and beverage experience preferred.
- Current IHS Food Handlers permit required.