Allied Reliability Group
Allied Reliability is seeking experienced individuals for a Maintenance Mechanic opening in Phillipsburg, NJ. This position provides competitive pay and a full range of benefits!
- Promotes safety by following all Plant safety rules, reporting violations and unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel, or taking corrective action. Follows all LOTO procedures. Completes peer to peer observations and near miss reporting.
- Troubleshoots and corrects all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic malfunctions on production equipment.
- Provides timely repairs, upkeep and preventive maintenance.
- Strives for continuous improvement of machines, makes recommendations.
- Ensures that adequate parts are stocked, utilizes MRO system for removing and returning parts to inventory.
- Maintains housekeeping standards and follows daily cleaning schedule
- Ensures that daily PM s are performed and recorded.
- Enters all required information into maintenance logbook.
- Completes all necessary maintenance forms in JDE PEM.
- Communicates and cooperates with other employees in a positive and constructive manner to achieve the goals of the department and the plant.
- Complies with plant GMP requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in industrial maintenance, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatics. PLC a plus.
- Capable of fabrication
- Proficient in the use of computers
- Able to use automated scanning equipment with JDE
- Can troubleshoot and correct complex mechanical machine issues.
- Ability to detect oil leaks within a processing machine and prevent product contamination.
- Ability to detect an air leak and identify general location.
- Ability to operate forklift/scissor lift in a safe manner consistent with OSHA standards.
- Working knowledge of material loading system and troubleshooting problems with system.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing such as hair nets, uniform, steel toe shoes, gloves, earplugs, safety glasses, hard hats. Arc Flash attire, once qualified
- Ability to work required schedule, up to 12 hours/shift.
- Ability to wear required PPE and work in the vicinity of open flames, hot plastic, oil and metal. Noise level above 90dB and requires hearing protection.
- Lifting up to 35 pounds occasionally throughout the day.
- Standing/walking for extended periods of the day. Ability to access all areas of production floor/warehouse, which may require use of ladders/stairs.
- Will have exposure to high-pressure moving parts, shielded surfaces, which have elevated temperatures (350-600 degrees), high-pressure hydraulic systems and high voltage and amperage systems
- High degree of interaction with employees - ability to provide verbal and written direction.
- bility to read, comprehend and analyze printed reports and maintenance and PM schedules, work procedures and instructions.
- Ability to utilize computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to respond in emergency situations, assist employees, coordinate emergency service response. Respond to variety of emergency alarms (visual and audio) and communicate evacuation direction safely, if necessary
- Ability recognize various sounds such as emergency machine shutdown alarms.