Nazdar is adding an Export Shipper to work at our location in Shawnee, KS. The Export Shipper will be responsible for organizing, preparing and assembling orders destined to countries outside the US utilizing international dangerous goods regulations when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows direction of Export Lead concerning the prioritization of orders according to mode of transportation, ship date, and shipping requirements.
- Communicates with Export Lead and/or Customer Service regarding changes to orders, status of orders and inventory levels of stock on hand.
- Develops and provides pre-ship dangerous goods documentation to Customer Service.
- Assembles orders from stock. Properly prepares (labels and marks) order according to ship method and applicable dangerous good regulation (DOT/IATA/IMDG). Properly applies applicable dangerous goods exceptions allowing for a reduction in liability.
- Using appropriate software, develops appropriate dangerous good documentation according to ship method.
- Develops Export Packing List identifying all packages on each order and each pallet.
- Loads shipping containers and properly blocks and braces load. Properly placards shipping container with applicable dangerous goods placards.
- Promptly and efficiently handles walk in customer requests in a courteous professional manner.
- Cleans workstation and surrounding floor area at the end of each workday
- Performs job according to pre-established safety, quality, and efficiency standard operating procedures.
- Assist with other duties as directed by supervisor
Minimum Education, Skills & Experience Levels:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Microsoft Office experience: Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new systems.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience and hazardous material experience preferred.
- Previous experience or training in international shipping - International Aviation Transport Association Dangerous Goods Regulations (IATA DGR) and International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG)
- Previous experience using shipping software