Halifax Health Medical Center of Daytona Beach
Halifax Health is seeking a Dietary Clerk II for the Food and Nutritional Services Department.
The Dietary Clerk performs written and computerized clerical activities in the clinical Diet Clerk s office. Performs selective menu distribution and collection and bedside menu entry to all eligible patients. Prepares all late trays. Serves as liaison/problem solver between patient and Food and Nutrition department Communicates as appropriate with tray line supervisor/checker involving clinical diet accuracy. Must be knowledgeable of infection control.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Skills in oral communication required.
- Good organization skills and ability to work within pre-defined time frames and deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm and efficient in the midst of varied activity and stress levels.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to provide good customer service.
- Knowledge of clinical nutrition highly desirable.
- Computer skills are highly desirable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate level of infection control.
- Answers, directs, and initiates calls/pages from the diet office telephone communication system.
- Directs production requests/outside orders/supply requests to the appropriate department area in a timely manner.
- Maintains adequate office supplies and forms for daily work
- Communicates with the Nursing staff to resolve diet order issues.
- Utilizes computer to print production tallies, department reports and tray line tallies.
- Maintains appropriate diet restrictions while adjusting patient marked menus for modified diets.
- Coordinates nutritional care responsibilities with the licensed staff to provide accurate diets
- Communicates with patient and/or family to discuss and resolve Food and Nutrition issues with a minimum of conflict.
- Assembles all types of patient trays according to diet/menu, established techniques, portion control, and infection control.
- Appropriately adjusts eal fluids per pre-established guidelines to meet ordered fluid restrictions.
- Assists with data collection for Performance Improvement department studies.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women s health, two community clinics, three children s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.