Zenyth Partners is in search of a self-directed and experienced Financial Controller responsible for financial and accounting activities to support one of its portfolio companies. The company, ReFocus Eye Health, was established in 2018 as an entrepreneurial, patient-centric eye health organization. With sophisticated ophthalmology and optometry teams, ReFocus emphasizes superb patient experience with advanced facilities and innovative technology.
The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze financial results to prepare company reporting packages
- Liaise with external accounts to prepare and report financial results
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Participate in the development of and support the company s strategic plans
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company s procedures
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Support accounts receivable and accounts payable efforts
- Preparation of payroll for providers and administrative staff
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepare supporting schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data in order to assist with the preparation of monthly and annual operating budgets
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Previous Controller experience required, preferably at a private-equity backed portfolio company
- Public accounting experience required, Big Four experience strongly preferred
- Health care experience highly desirable
- Minimum 8-10 years of accounting experience in senior accounting roles
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- CPA is strongly preferred
- MBA desirable, but not required
- Proficient with QuickBooks and other accounting systems; familiarity with Sage Intacct, a plus
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven ability to roll up sleeves and work solo
- Experience in building accounting teams from scratch
The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation and benefits package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary and an annual target bonus.