ROOM for MILLY
Room for Milly is a high design cocktail bar located on bustling Platte Street, Denver opening in February 2020. Room for Milly will serve high quality crafted cocktails and small plates in an intimate comfortable space. Room for Milly is part of the MAINSPRING F&B group, comprised to date of Blue Sparrow Coffee (two locations) and Queens Eleven cafe and bar.
CHEF de CUISINE - JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for an individual who is energetic, self-motivated, goal-oriented and driven, and most importantly loves the world of hospitality.
Our ideal candidate will lead and drive the team to provide amazing cocktails and drinks and impeccable service. This candidate would have great attention to detail but also have strong delegation skills and able to oversee the entirety of the bar operations. The Bar Manager will oversee all front of house operations and together with the Kitchen Manager will lead the delivery of Room for Milly s vision. The Bar Manager will be expected to perform separate management/administrative shifts and bartending shifts. This position will report to the Director F&B who oversees all locations.
The CHEF/Menu Delivery
- Provide a strong sense of leadership in all Back of House activities.
- Provide strong sense of ownership of entire Culinary offerings provided by Room for Milly.
- Lead hiring for all Culinary Positions in close collaboration with the Director F&B.
- Directly responsible for all culinary administration duties including invoicing, cost control, and scheduling of department.
- Provide inspiration and creative influence to the Culinary Team.
- Maintain guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating and auditing food and service offerings.
- Implement Company policies and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintain effective communication with the Director F&B, Bar Manager and all staff. This will include slack correspondence and regular operations meetings.
- Maintain a reasonable response time for all communication.
- Maintain sanitation standards and procedures that comply with health and legal regulations with the advice of the Company.
- Directly oversee kitchen staff development to ensure all duties are met and exceeded; handle escalated staff issues
- Maintain kitchen and oversee all facility maintenance and improvements with approval of Director F&B.
- Work proactively with event sales staff, Bar Manager and Director F&B to oversee all event coordination.
- Be capable of covering any position in the kitchen at any time.
- Maintain a reasonable schedule with flexible availability. On days or nights off, be on call and ready to manage and respond to emergency situations.
Menu Development & New Menu Launch
- Organize new menu rollout dates as directed by Director F&B and disseminate to bar team with development and rollout schedule.
- Set wireframe and overall tone of the menu concept in collaboration with Director - F&B.
- Lead all-staff tasting for new menu. Create auxiliary educational materials for service staff (e.g. information on new ingredients, etc.)
- Follow up on menu knowledge and execution through testing.
- Coordinate with PR and social teams for menu launch per the menu launch timeline set forth. Communicate any changes in timeline.
- Prepare for launch: prep sheets, descriptions, cheater map, reorg walk-in.
- Coordinate photo shoots for new menu. To be completed 3 weeks prior to launch.
- Strong understanding of store P&L and factors contributing to driving revenue and containing expenses.
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Review monthly P&L categories and investigate variances to budget.
- Maximize profitability with a close eye on target margins; monitor financial controls established by Director F&B and management; develop and implement strategies to increase year over year sales in tandem with Director F&B.
Administrative and Financial
- Control purchases and inventory.
- Negotiate prices and contracts.
- Developing preferred supplier lists.
- Review and evaluate usage reports, analyzing variances and taking corrective actions.
- Take inventory and reorder supplies.
- Maintain organization of storage room and walk in cooler.
- Address any maintenance issues as soon as they arise & properly communicate those issues to direct supervisor.
- Collect and sign off on all invoices for approval by Director F&B
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Servesafe or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years fine dining management experience and minimum 2 years EC/CDC experience.
- Excellent knowledge of food products and handling.
- Be able to safely operate all kitchen equipment.
- Masterful understanding of restaurant work.
- Able to multitask on various levels under very high stress levels.
- Strong understanding of personal hygiene and sanitation techniques as they pertain to restaurant work.
- Can effectively communicate between language barriers.
- Strong understanding of budgets, invoice and expense management.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Word, Excel and adaptable to use of various apps such as Slack.
- Have excellent time management.
- Leadership traits include honesty, strong work ethic and an overall moral integrity with a hands-on management style.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- All kitchen equipment
- Knives and other sharp tools
- Chemicals and other cleaning products
- Raw and fresh foods
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Heavy lifting to 50lbs
- Kitchen Hot or Cold line
- Walk-in Coolers and Freezers
- Trash Recycling Room
- Execution of meals under various conditions of heat and stress